Friday, August 20, 2010

Makeover Nutty Monkey Malts

Makeover Nutty Monkey Malts

1/4 cup fat free milk
1 small banana, cut into chunks
1/4 cup chocolate malted milk powder
2 tbsp reduced fat creamy peanut butter
2 cups fat free frozen chocolate yogurt
whipped cream, optional

1.  In a blender, combine the milk, banana, malted milk and peanut butter.  Cover and process for 10 seconds or until smooth.  Add frozen yogurt.  Cover and process 10 seconds longer or until blended.  Stir if necessary.  Pour into chilled glasses; garnish with whipped cream if desired.  Serve immediately.

Makes 5 servings; 1/2 cup each
Cal 203; fat 3; fiber 3


This is like a chocolate, peanut butter covered banana.  It's rich, it's good.  It's chocolate, how can you go wrong there.  Trust me on the 1/4 cup of malted milk powder.  The first time I made it, I thought that was a mistake, and used slightly less, and it wasn't as creamy.  So even though it seems like a whole lot, it isn't that bad.  I didn't change anything, but next time I may use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy, because I like chunky peanut butter, and I hate to buy creamy because it just sits in the pantry and after about 5 years, then I open it to make something and nearly pass out from the horrific smell.  It doesn't grow mold though.  Which kinda weirds me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment