Friday, August 20, 2010

Ham Potato Puffs

Ham Potato Puffs


1 tube (12 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder

1. Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, parsley and garlic powder.

2. Spoon 1/4 cup into each prepared cup. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.

Makes 10 puffs
cal 165; fat 5; fiber trace


These are fabulous. I made them yesterday and we ran them through the microwave this morning and they were still good. I made a few changes though. I used the Pillsbury whole-wheat biscuits instead of buttermilk. I used farmland diced ham, mostly because I'm lazy, who wants to dice ham? I also used 2% cheddar cheese. I also didn't use leftover mashed potatoes. Because it's rare that we have leftover mashed potatoes. So I just whipped up a small package of instant potatoes and stuck them in the fridge to let them cool down, and then proceeded with the recipe. Enjoy!

My own recipe came out higher in calories because of the biscuit, but lower in fat and higher in fiber. So if the calories matter more to you, then you can leave it, or adjust as you feel necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment