Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Combine 1/4 cup Parmesan, oregano, basil and cayenne.  Coat chicken breast in flour, dip in egg, and then in bread crumbs.  Brown breast in olive oil, then bake at 375* for 20 minutes.

This recipe was only half copied down when I recieved it.  So I don't know how many chicken breasts exactly this recipe makes.  I usually make anywhere between 4-6 and have leftover breading materials.  I don't brown it in the olive oil, I just throw them in a pan and bake them until the chicken is done.  When I had this (got the recipe from a friend), she had made the spaghetti, placed it in the bottom of the pan, placed the chicken on top, then sprinkled chees all over it, and baked it until the chicken was finished cooking.  She follows recipes better than I do.  It comes out really great, very resturant like taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment