Monday, September 13, 2010

Crab-stuffed Filet Mignon

Crab-stuffed Filet Mignon


½ cup lump crabmeat, drained
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped green onion
1 tsp butter melted
2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 oz each)
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper


1. In a small bowl, combine the crabmeat, cheese, onion and butter. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Cut a horizontal slit through each steak to within ½ in. of the opposite side, forming a pocket. Fill with ½ cup crab mixture. Secure with kitchen string if necessary.

2. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145* medium, 160* well done, 170*). Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.


Makes 2 servings;1 stuffed filet each
Cal 318; fat 14; fiber trace

 
These steaks were absolutely amazing.  My husband liked them so much that he has told everyone (literally) that he has met about them.  I'm pretty sure our waiter the other night wasn't impressed with the tasty factor of my steaks compared to the steak house he worked at.  They were definitely something different, and they have a gourmet feel to them, it seems like you slaved for hours when you didn't.  I did do a few things different, because, I'm weird like that.  I added a little bit of garlic powder and pepper to the crab mixture.  I couldn't find beef tenderloin at our local grocery store, so I ended up using rib-eyes.  Probably not the best choice, but they were the only ones that were thick enough for me to cut the pocket into without cutting through the meat.  I highly recommend securing the pockets closed with something.  I used toothpicks, and I didn't broil them.  I had my husband grill them up.  We sprinkled salt and pepper on the outside of the steak, but next time I think I will just use the regular steak seasoning that we do, just a little lighter on it so it doesn't take away from the crab.  These were amazing, and my husband asks on a daily basis when we are going to have them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment